Thursday, March 22, 2012

We are counting down

Samuel and Magnus has a few heroes, but I believe none are more important, exciting and amazing than their cousins, Lasse and Rasmus.

When I told them their cousins were coming in a while, the excitement reached new levels. "Are they coming in 19 minutes?" Samuel asked. "Tomorrow? Two hours?" He continued, saying all the times he knew. "After Magnus' naptime?"

I then realised I told them about the visit way too early. And something had to be done.

'A visual' I thought to myself, 'that should do the trick.'


And so Samuel, Magnus and me crafted a count-down chart so they could keep track of when their cousins were visiting. I explained to them, how we would cut of a little box every morning, when they got out of bed, and when we were at the very last one, that meant that their cousins would come.


Samuel was the mastermind behind the stickers. And Magnus helped me with the flowers. It was quite the creative experience.

But we had fun, and I was so happy I had found a good way to illustrate when they would come.


Five minutes later the doorbell rang, and Samuel looked at me with excitement, "Are they coming now?"


...well, at least we had fun while we made the chart.

No comments: