Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Work

I just got myself a job. A real bonafide paying job. I am pretty pleased with myself.

It involves hard work, great tasting food, and I am sure I will end up being more fit than I ever have been. Not sure that is saying that much though.

I work a few days a week at a restaurant chain here in Copenhagen, one of my favorites. I work evenings which enables me to stay home with the kids in the daytime, and Mike takes over in the evening, when I am gone.

And it is actually fun. A lot different from everything else I have ever tried, but maybe that is why I love it.

I took Samuel there today, to pick up my phone I had forgot yesterday. He was very excited. On the way there he asked me whether the school was open or closed.

Which school, I asked? I then realised Samuel thought I worked at a school, like Mike does. In his brain that is apparently the only thing you can work with.

So I took him into the kitchen and showed him the big oven, the huge stove, the pots and pans, and so on. His eyes were wide, with what I hope was excitement. I told him of all the food we make there, about the people who come and buy it, and explained which food I make. It was fun to show him what I do and where I go, when I am away from him.

Hopefully he will understand that I am not a school teacher.


No comments: