Friday, October 19, 2012

Fall vacation

Samuel started kindergarden and seems to be enjoying it. The part where his head collided with a flying shovel was less than fun, but he enjoys the rest. When I come to get him, it is a very tired boy, and he's already had a few days home from kindergarden just to sleep and relax. The people working there are great, and I am secretly in love with a few of the kids. I already have hopes for which kids will become his friends, and unfortunately which kids I would rather he doesn't have play dates with.

The kindergarden is a 5 minute walk from home, which makes it easy. Unfortunately that also means it is downtown and their green areas are very limited. However, they have a roof top terrace with a playground, greenhouse and a view to die for.

Magnus is getting used to being on his own. It means having all the good toys to himself. I think he enjoys it, even if he also misses Samuel during the day. He spends a lot of time in his room next to the cupboard with books, with a book in his lap and five other next to him. I am sure he enjoys the silence.

And as for me, I miss my little, big boy when he is away and I love to pick him up from kindergarden. However, I also enjoy the extra time on my hands, the silence and the fact that I get to spend more time with Magnus.

And in other news I quit my job af Cofoco. Even though I loved so many things there, in the end it just didn't work that well with family life. However, I got offered an even better job. I consider myself a very blessed woman.

I work translating and proof reading. Most often I can work from home, and I make my own hours. It is great. It is not so great when a huge deadline is looming and you are still waiting for the text so you can start working. That is the case right now, and I have cancelled more or less every activity from now and untill the my deadline in 3 weeks from now.

Which means that right now I should have been at my dads house with the kids, having a great time, good company, great food and plenty of people for the kids to play with. Instead I am at home waiting for my computer to arrive so I can start working.

Mike is busy with work too. A few days ago he spend a day in Berlin, having meetings and giving a presentation at an agency. He is still working at the school and even started doing some advanced classes at another school.

...

This is by the way the most boring post I have ever written.

Ever.

I appologise.

But my kids are still cute, my husband is still handsome, and we are all doing fine! 

UPDATE:
Okay, I feel embaressed to write such an boring post, so a few pictures ...

Samuel really, really wants roller skates. He doesn't have any, so he decided to try it out with some Lego cars taped to his feet.


Even Winnie the Pooh gets tired after a whole day of running around.


But of course, every little boy should go down for their nap wearing gloves. Here he just woke up. And the gloves are still on. For reasons unknown to me, the earlier much hated gloves are a piece of loved clothing this year. I am not complaining.


When Mikes makes the kids sandwiches.


When I make the kids sandwiches.


Too much time on our hands, you think?

1 comment:

Do You Think I Am An Automaton said...

Cute pictures of the boys! Love the sleepy Winnie the Pooh!